Saturday, August 7, 2010

Books I've Read This Summer

Well, I'm going to start school this Monday, so that is the official end to my summer. Here is a list of the books I read while off of school. I didn't read barely anything the first half of the summer, but I read a lot the second half.


1. Alone, Yet Not Alone- Tracy Michele Leininger

2. The Last Heir- Shannon McDermott

3. The Island Queen- R.M. Ballantyne

4. Still Growing- Kirk Cameron

5. Invincible Louisa- Cornelia Meigs

6. Day of Glory- Philip Spencer

7. The Signers- Dennis Brindell Fradin

8. Boyhood Adventures of Our Presidents- Frances Cavanah

9. Mama's Bank Account- Kathryn Forbes

10. King Arthur and His Knights of The Round Table- Roger Lancelyn Green

11. The Bells of Freedom- Jean Fritz

12. Hans Brinker- Mary Mapes Dodge

13. Early Thunder- Jean Fritz

14. Ivanhoe- Sir Walter Scott

15. A Gathering of Days- Joan W. Blos

16. I, Adam- Jean Fritz

17. Across Five Aprils- Irene Hunt (I'm going to finish this one later today) ;)



~Haley

8 comments:

Eldarwen said...

Cool! I've never read any of these books. :) Haha, enjoy your start back to school. :)

Shannon said...

Wow, you read alot of books! (I love the book "Alone Yet not Alone" too!) Hope that you have a blessed school year.....

~Shannon~

Melee said...

I read Mama's Bank Account for school last year! I really liked it. It was funny and sweet. :)

Alexandra! said...

I've read alot of books this summer, but I've never read any of thoughs! :)
Right now i'm reading a book called Christy, hope you enjoy this school season! :)

Elizabeth. said...

Hi Haley!
Thanks for sharing your reading list! I really love "Alone, Yet Not Alone." It is truly a gem!

Thanks for all of your sweet comments~~they always brighten my day!

Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth

Johanna Norman said...

I f have not already read it, I HIGHLY reccomend Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry!!

love, Jo

www.johannasblognow.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Hey!

I started a free, online Christian girls magazine called Inspired. I was wondering if you were interested in subscribing or joining the staff. For more info, check out our website: www.inspiredmagazine.webs.com

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

Alex Maria said...

Cool! I have barely been able to squeeze in 1 book I've read this summer. :S