Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What I Did for a Muffin...

Well, I will share another embarrassing moment that I had on our recent trip. Let me warn y'all, this is really embarrassing! Here goes:

Me and
Lindsay were downstairs getting breakfast at the hotel we were staying at. I had a biscuit and some eggs on my plate, but wanted one more thing. I was looking around and just had to see it, just had to; a jumbo chocolate chip muffin!

I held a quick five second debate with myself before going to get it. I found a small little area on the counter to put my plate while I got the muffin (it was in the very back, of course!). So there I was, maneuvering all the other muffins around with the tongs and trying to get to that chocolate chip muffin that I just had to have.

I finally reached it and just as I put it on my plate the plate fell off the counter! Yikes! Yeah, there went my eggs, but I was able to keep my plate, muffin, and biscuit from falling by quickly leaning my leg up against the cabinets and catching them. I looked over just in time to hear Lindsay say, "Oh, Haley." And that's just how I felt!

Lindsay went over and got some napkins for me to clean the eggs up with. And so I cleaned them up, knowing that the people who were sitting in the breakfast room "eating" were really staring at me; I just didn't want to look up.

When I finished cleaning them up I stood up and marched over to get some more eggs. Needless to say we decided to go back to our room to eat. ;) But little did I know that the most embarrassing part hadn't even happened yet!

Right before leaving, me and Lindsay went back to get some apple juice. And on the way out I looked down to find out that I had been walking around all morning with shoes all speckled with dried eggs! That was it, I was so embarrassed, I had to laugh!

And that is what I did for a muffin! :)




13 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha Ha! Thanks for sharing your embarrassing moment with us Haley! =:) I just loooove chocolate chip muffins too, but I really don't like egg on me! =;) With my luck, I would have stained my clothes trying to catch the food! Lol!

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Marissa Kayann said...

Ha Ha! That was a great story!
I LOVE chocolate chip muffins! =)

~Marissa

LocaChica said...

Hehe..thanks for sharing Haley :) One good thing about being picky:If that would have been me, I would have only chosen the muffin because I don't like eggs or biscuits, so no mess, hehe.

T.J. said...

i would have done a whole lot more than that for a chocolate chip muffin! was it good? lol

Mrs. E said...

Oh my... that is funny! :)

Haley said...

Rachel,
Oh, your welcome! Once it was all over I had a good laugh with everyone else. ;)
Haley

Marissa,
Thanks. Yes, they are really good! :) Thanks for commenting!
Haley

Adria,
That's funny!
Haley


T.J.,
Yeah, it certainly was good. Thanks for the comment.
Haley

Shelby said...

I love your blog Haley! I very much enjoyed reading this post. I love muffins, too! =D

In Christ's Love,
~Shelby

Haley said...

Thanks Shelby! I enjoyed reading your sweet comment! :)

~Haley

Shelby said...

Well, I enjoy reading your blog. I also love your sister's blog. Actually, I just visited your blog a few days ago. I didn't know you were Lindsay's younger sister. It's a small blog world isn't it? LOL =D! I've commented on Lindsays blog so many times and one time I saw a comment from a girl named Haley (you) and I decided to click on her name and check out her blog and that's when I realized you and Lindsay were related. My older sister is actually Lindsay's pen pal, but she never told me you had a blog! I just found out about Lindsay's blog a month or two ago.

In Christ's Love,
~Shelby

Haley said...

Hey Shelby!
Yes, Lindsay always enjoys reading your comments! She told me who you were a couple of months ago when you started following her blog, so I was really excited to get a comment from my sister's pen pal's sister! :) Okay, that's kind of confusing, sorry!

I have to go now!

Blessings,
Haley

Shelby said...

Yes, that is exciting! Funny thing, though. Hehe =D! Oh, well I'm glad that Lindsay knows that "Shelby" is Taylor's younger sister. I didn't know whether she knew for sure or not. Both of your blogs are very beautiful and I immensely enjoy reading them both!
In Christ's Love,
~Shelby

Haley said...

Aw, thanks Shelby!

~Haley

Possum Princess said...

That's funny!
I'm new to your blog and I think your blog is really cool!
♥Possum Princess♥

(I'm 14 to!)