Friday, September 18, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Bread

2 sticks melted butter
1/4 cup milk
3 eggs
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
1tsp. vanilla extract

3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 1/2 cups peeled and diced apples

Topping:
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped nuts

Mix well the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, then mix in the milk and vanilla. Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir into the butter mixture. Fold in apples and pecans. Bake in two well greased loaf pans at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Do not remove from oven but sprinkle the combined topping on both loaves. Bake for another 25-35 minutes. Makes two loaves.

~
We have an apple tree in our new backyard and it's loaded down with apples, so I thought I'd use a few of them for some apple bread. After looking around awhile I found this recipe. It sounded really good and decided to try it. Well, it was a big hit with everyone and is definitely a keeper! I thought it tasted like apple pie! Yeah, kind of weird for bread, but hey, I didn't mind! :)

Just thought I'd share the recipe with y'all! Hope everyone's having a wonderful and blessed week!

For Him,




8 comments:

LocaChica said...

Sounds absolutely delicious! I make breakfast for my family every Sunday, I think this will be on the menu Sunday. Thanks for posting!
LocaChica

Rachel said...

Yum! I love apples and I love nuts! Perfect! ;D I will have to try this once our oven gets fixed. :) Thank you for sharing Haley! :D

Love and Hugs and Blessings dear friend!
~Rachel~

Anonymous said...

Yum! This recipe made my mouth water, I might just have to do a post on it at my blog, if I do I most deffenatly mention your blog, complimenting your mouth watering recipes! :)

Taylor said...

That's so neat that y'all have an apple tree! We planted one a couple of years ago, but it's never produced any apples yet. Thanks for the recipe! It sounds really good!

~Love,
Taylor

Mrs. E said...

Ummmm..... sounds DELICIOUS!! :)

Haley said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!!

Anonymous said...

Mmm! That sounds delicious, Haley! I need to make that sometime. Yum!

Love and hugs from your friend,
~Shelby

Haley said...

Thanks Shelby! :)