Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Miscellany Wednesday

1. You know what, I didn't take one picture on Christmas day. Isn't that horrible? I didn't even think about it. *sigh* I'll have to do better next year.

2. Did everyone have a good Christmas? I did! What's your favorite thing you got? A few favorites of mine were soundtracks (Bourne ones and Inception), earrings, jewelry box, and books. I spent most of the day in the kitchen cooking, which was fun!



3.  We went to see The Voyage of The Dawn Treader yesterday. I thought Eustace would drive me crazy, but he really didn't. I liked it better than the second one. But one thing I don't get is, why in the world was the White Witch in it?! She was killed in the first one. I don't know what it is, but they just can't seem to let her character go.


4. We're supposed to get a good bit of snow in the next couple of days. The weather people are calling it an "Arctic blast". It wasn't supposed to start until later today, but apparently it's been snowing since last night. We haven't had a good snow this winter, so I'm hoping we'll get a lot from this one. It'll be around until Friday, so I think we will. Hopefully. ;)




5. It will be January 1, 2011 in a few days. That's really strange to think about. I just know I'll accidentally write 2010 the first few times. I can't believe another year is almost over! They just seem to go by faster and faster.


~Haley

3 comments:

Eldarwen said...

You got the soundtrack for Inception?! Eep! I want it so bad. ^_^ And the Bourne series. Love those soundtracks. :)

You saw tVotDT? I know! I don't like the White Witch. I haven't read the books, though, so I dunno if she was in tVotDT book. :)

Some of my favorite Christmas gifts are Inception, The Last Olympian and Super Mario Brothers for the Wii. :) It's fun! Now I wanna get the new game Just Dance 2. My cousin brought it to Christmas at my Me-ma & Pa-pa's house and we played it for, like, 3 hours. lol :D It was so much fun!!

Oh, that's such a beautiful picture, Haley. ^_^

I know! I'm always stuck back on the wrong year. lol :D I kept writing 2009 until, like, May of this year. Bahaha :) I know I'll be doing the same in 2011. :)

Love you bunches! xoxo,
Eldarwen

Haley said...

I got the Inception soundtrack and you got the movie ;) I want the movie, too. :) Oh, I know, I really like the Bourne soundtracks! :)

Yeah, I haven't read the book either, so I'm not sure if she's in the book or not. She annoys me, though! ;)

Just Dance 2 sounds like tons of fun! :)

Thanks for the comment!

~Haley

Charity U said...

The WW is NOT in the books. There is an island where dreams come true (night dreams, not day-dreams) but it doesn't actually happen. The WW isn't there.

I think they put her in because ... okay. I think she's in his memory. As something he dreads. So she's something he sees there.

The movie doesn't follow the book as exactly as I would prefer. Therefore, I recommend that you READ THE BOOK! Or, an alternative: listen to the Focus on the Family tapes. Those are good.

On a side note...I think that if/when they do Silver Chair, the Lady of the Green Kirtle will not be Tilda Swinton (the WW actor) but someone different. So that's good. Because she really was killed by Aslan. The WW, I mean.

Excuse this dis-jointed comment! :)