Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My New Christmas Look

It's December 1, so I thought I would get my new blog look up. :) Yesterday Lindsay totally redid my blog as I sat by, saying if I liked something, wanted it different, etc... She did a great job. Now I have a picture header, bigger posting area, new background, snow effect, a Christmas blog button (go grab one!), and I have my Christmas playlist up, also. :) I'm still trying to get my sidebar stuff back up, but besides that it's all done and I'm loving it! :) Really loving it.

What do you think?



Last weekend I spent decorating the house. We got the Christmas tree out and decorated it Sunday night. Decorating the Christmas tree is my favorite part of  Thanksgiving weekend. This year wasn't as much fun, though, because I did about half of it by myself. Doing it by yourself takes all the fun out of it! Really. Whenever I picture a Christmas tree being decorated, at least half the family's doing it together with Christmas music playing and they're laughing and having a great time. I guess that's what I think of because that's usually how it is for us. I guess it can't be like that every year. Lindsay helped me put the lights on (believe me when I say, Lindsay and me puttng lights up is a funny thing to watch and I already dread having to take that tangled mess down), but then she had some sewing to do. Josh helped put the ornaments on at first, but then he got bored and left. *sigh* Then Mom came towards the end and helped me finish up.

We've had Christmas music playing a lot since November 26. ;) I'm one of those people who can't wait to start listening to it and have to listen to a couple of cd's really early. For me, the breaking point came on September 2. It was cold outside, me and Josh were making soup, and Mom and Lindsay were shopping (they're more strict about waiting, obviously not like me ;). I couldn't help myself.  But after that I waited, like everyone else, until November 26. ;) Actually, no, I didn't. I started playing it around the 20th. The way I look at it, it's a once a year thing, so why not start a little early?

For me, this truly is the most wonderful time of the year (I love that song)! I wait all year for it, and it's here again!

~Haley

11 comments:

Charity U said...

Nice picture! The new look is cool. :)

Rachel said...

Aww, it's too cute Haley (and Lindsay)! :d So fun and festive! :D I love this time of year, and we already have our decorations up too. :) My brothers weren't to thrilled with the decorating either (they help some here and there), but I love to do it every year. :D

Hehe! Yes, we've been listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies since before thanksgiving this year. ;)

Have a blessed week Haley dear! :D
Hugs!
~Rachel~

Alexandra! said...

I love your blog look! ;D
Sorry you had to put them up yourself this time.

I think I'm one of those people who do have to wait...

Taylor said...

Lindsay did an AWESOME job on your new blog design, Haley! I *love* it!! :)

Hayley said...

Cute design! :)

Emily said...

Love the snow! I am a big fan of Christmas, snow, and winter. =D

Rachel said...

How funny - that's almost exactly what happened to us this year. Me my 3 year old brother and my 11 year old brother were the only ones who put up the tree this year! My other siblings weren't much interested in helping. :-( Oh well....I don't think I'll ever be too "old" to join in the fun!

Unknown said...

I love your new header!! It's so cute! I started listening to Christmas music after Halloween. =)

Sarah said...

I really like the new blog look!!
I like that song too!
And I agree that it's "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!" :-D

Sarah said...

I like the way "the blogs you enjoy" scroll up, that's cool!!
How did you do it?

Haley said...

My sister did the blog scroll for me, so you'd have to ask her. Her blog address is: www.contentichrist34.blogspot.com :)

~Haley