Monday, January 24, 2011

Birthday Recap

Last Thursday was a really fun day. It started out with donuts for breakfast, which was a surprise and real treat. I went crazy and got one chocolate with chocolate icing and sprinkles and two chocolate glazed ones. Gees!  After breakfast Mom went to the store and Josh and Lindsay wrapped my presents (that's when I did my Sweet Sixteen post).

After they got done we played Monkey Ball together. We played monkey bowling and monkey golf. It was tons of fun! ;)



After that we watched Toy Story 2. We hadn't seen it in years, so that was really fun, too.



Mom got me some roses while she was out. They're really pretty and smell so good!





Picture Time!!





For supper I picked hamburgers and French fries- my absolute favorite meal. Mom made it.  It was SO good! Thanks Mom! ;)

After supper Mom and Lindsay cleaned the kitchen while I fed the pets their supper. Then I opened presents. Some of the things I got are-

Books- Sherlock Holmes Volumes 1 and 2, Pearl Maiden, Lysbeth, Homer's Odyssey (about a cat), Dewey (about a cat), and Huck (about a dog)
Finding Neverland DVD and Master and Commander soundtrack
Pajamas. They're SO cute. They are purple and have sock monkeys on them. ;)
Picture frames. I really needed some to help decorate my room, and the ones I got are so pretty!

 After opening presents we had cake. I got an ice cream cake. It was chocolate cake with chocolate icing and mint chocolate chip ice cream. *happy sigh* I just wish we had more. ;)




My birthday plates. C-U-T-E. :)



And that pretty much brings an end to my day. I had a geat one!

~Haley

4 comments:

Eldarwen said...

I loved seeing the pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful Sweet Sixteen!! :D And all your gifts sound amazing! Hamburgers and french fries? Yummmmmm! *licks lips* Oh yeah, and that cake looks delish! ;D

L<3VE,
Eldarwen

Taylor said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday, Haley! I love all the pictures you shared. And it's funny because I just recently took some really similar pictures of a rose I was given the other day. :) So when I saw yours I was like, "Hey, those look just like my pictures!" :D

Anyway... I hope you've had a great Monday!

Lots of love,
-- Taylor

Emily said...

I love Pearl Maiden and Lysbeth! Awesome books! I just got The Brethren recently and I can't wait to sit down and read it.

Lovely pictures!

Elizabeth. said...

Glad you had a lovely day, Haley! Happy Birthday! =) Your cake looks yummy and the roses are beautiful!

Blessings, Haley!
Elizabeth