Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pretzel Fun

Yesterday me and my sister decided to make pretzels! Since it was cold and rainy, it seemed like the perfect day for it.


Almost done!



We shaped our brother's name. He was pleasantly surprised because he didn't even know that we were making them. :)



This was definitely our favorite ingredient! :)



Done and cooling! Mmm...

Here's the recipe we used:

Ingredients:
2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup cold water
Coarse salt


Directions:
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add flour and salt; stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. Punch dough down and divide into 20 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 15-in. long strip; twist into a pretzel shape. Combine baking soda and cold water; brush over pretzels. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 20 (small) pretzels.



5 comments:

LocaChica said...

Looks great!

Rachel said...

Haley...thank you so much for awarding/tagging me!!! I am honored - it was very kind of you!! I have really enjoyed your sister's blog and had no idea that you and her were sisters until my sister told me!! And I don't think I was even aware of your blog.

Anyway, thank you so much!! I will do it soon!

Rachel

Eldarwen said...

Those looke absolutely delicious, Haley! You and your sister did a great job! :D I will HAVE to try making those sometime.

Taylor said...

Sounds like y'all had fun!! I bet they turned out to be really delicious!

I love your new blog look, Haley! It's really cute! :)

~Love,
Taylor

Mrs. E said...

Haley~ These are making me hungry!
Nothing better than a freshly baked pretzel!

Love~ Jen