Friday, November 20, 2009

Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes :)

Hello everyone!
Yesterday I made some of these cupcakes and I thought I'd share the recipe. So, here it is! :)


Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 cup powdered cocoa

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 tsp. cinnamon

1 egg

1/4 cup corn oil (I use vegetable oil)

2/3 cup milk

1 tsp. mint extract

1 cup miniature chocolate chips

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 dgrees. In large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in cocoa, sugar, and cinnamon. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg. Stir in the corn oil , milk, and mint extract. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir in the chocoalte chips. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Fill greased muffin tins. Bake for 18 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Makes one dozen cupcakes.

~
On a side note, earlier this week I made some pumpkin mufins and I forgot to put the sugar in the mixture! When they came out and someone commented on how they tasted, well, sugarlees, I was like, "Oopsies!" So whenever somebody got a muffin they sprinkled sugar on the top. Man, they were gross without the sugar! Oh well, I don't think I'll do that again for a long time! :)


5 comments:

LocaChica said...

Wow, those sound super yummy!! My mom is a huge mint-chocolate fan, maybe I'll make some this week :)
LocaChica

Mrs. E said...

YUM~ don't these sounds delicious!!

Thank you for sharing~ dear Haley!

Love~ Jen

Eldarwen said...

I've never really liked mint, but those sound good!

I awarded you, Haley!

Love & hugs,
~Eldarwen

Taylor said...

I'm sure those are delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. :)

I've awarded you over at my blog!

~Love,
Taylor

Rachel said...

Haley,

Mmmmmm! Those sound yummy! I love baking - but we're trying to cut out the sugar, so I am trying to use honey instead. When used with the wrong recipe, it can be really disgusting!! I can certainly relate to your recipe disaster, forgetting to put the sugar in. Although I don't think I've ever forgotten to put in the sugar, I have done it on purpose to be "healthy" and have had a few disasters myself. :) Oh well...when at first you don't succeed, try try again! (or bake, bake again, if you like.) :)

Love the snow on your blog!!

Love,
Rachel