Monday, December 7, 2009

A Cute Award!

This is an award I received from Eldarwen! I really like the poem that goes with it! :)




Before Lizzy could get away,

Mr. Collins came forth to say,

You can hardly doubt my intent,

After all the time we have spent.

My attentions have been too marked,

That they can hardly be misread.

Right as I came into this house,

I meant to take you as my spouse,

I'll state my reasons to marry.

It would add to my happiness,

And set a model of marriage,

In my home and in my parish.

For it is the right thing for me,

And also now dear cousin see.

That is the recommendation,

From my most lovely patroness.

She said to me to take a wife,

As the companion of my life.

She said to me the girl I pick,

Should be gentle and kind,

Which I why I have you in mind.



Many Blessings,

Haley


7 comments:

Mrs. E said...

How cute!!! :)
Your blog is a sweet blessing
to me~ congratulations~ dear!!!

Love~ Miss Jen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it! The poem is cute, but it goes with the "Highly Amused by Mr. Collins" award better. LOL :)

Love & hugs,
Eldarwen

Haley said...

Really? Oops! Oh, well, I wanted to post it somehow, so I guess accidentally putting it with the wrong award is one way to! :) Thanks!

~Haley

Taylor said...

Hi Haley,
What a cute award! I especially like the poem!

...Actually, I wanted to let you know that I awarded you at my blog! lol :)

God bless,
~Taylor

Lindsay said...

I've tagged you! You better post your tags and awards soon. They sure are piling up! :D

~ Your sister,
Lindsay

Allison said...

Congrats Haley.
I'm Allison, I found your blog from Lindsay's, Content in Christ. Please stop by my blog and follow it if you like!
--Allison

http://strengthanddignityareherclothing.blogspot.com

Kendra Logan said...

Aw, what a cool and cute award! I like the poem, too :)

~Kendra