Thursday, May 26, 2011

He Won! Yay! ;)



Name- Scotty McCreery
Age- 17
From- Garner, North Carolina


The other day Mom and I heard on the radio that the last two contestants on American Idol were both country singers. When we heard that we wanted to see who they were and who we wanted to win. We don't ever watch it because it's just not our type of show, but since it was the finals and both of the singers were country, we made an exception.

Basically when we first saw them we both knew we wanted Scotty to win. And we both said he has a deep voice like Josh Turner or Chris Young. So I thought it was funny when I saw he sang part of  "Long Black Train", and "Your Man", both songs by Josh Turner, during the season.

Yesterday Mom and I tuned in at seven, but, besides seeing Scotty sing with Tim McGraw and Lauren with Carrie Underwood we really didn't care for any of the performances and mostly watched Ever After, which was on, too. ;) Finally, though, it was 8:55 and they announced the winners. And Scotty won! Yay!!! I really thought Lauren would win, and was so excited when the host read "And the winner of American Idol, season ten, is...Scotty McCreery!" Yep, Mom and I were very happy with the results. :)

I really like his first single- "I Love You This Big".



Can you tell I'm really glad he won? ;)

~Haley

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't watch American Idol, but I was happy to hear a country singer won :D

Dang, that's his voice?! That's amazing, though not what I would have expected.

Unknown said...

Ya Scotty is really good! I love your blog!

Check out my blog for advice and tips on fashion, health, and much much more! I just did a new post with tons of adorable shorts under $25!! I'd love if you'd follow and comment!


Yourgirlsworld.blogspot.com