Friday, August 21, 2009

Books I have Been Reading

Lately I have been reading the Elsie Dinsmore series and yesterday I finished it for the first, of what will probably be many, times. It was kind of sad finishing it. I've been reading them for awhile now, and this time I can't just go get the next one in the series, I have to go find another book to read. They are some of my favorite books because they are not only very interesting, but they teach you life lessons and show you what a happy family really looks like.

So... now that I have finished the series, this is what you will find sitting on my night table:

How to Be A Lady

Mary Jones and Her Bible

The first book I received for my birthday. I have been wanting to read it for awhile, but never could find the time. It sounds really good and I can't wait to start reading it.

The second one is a book from the Lamplighter series. I have always enjoyed those books a good deal and look forward to reading another one.

So those are the books I have been reading and the ones I am going to read. I hope everyone is having a good week!

For Him,



You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. ~Paul Sweeney


5 comments:

Arianna said...

Oh, I've read Elsie Dinsmore before! :) I know I read the first several books in the series... I can't remember if I've read the last one or two or not. My family owns the whole series, but it's been about 5 years since I've read them, so I can't remember ;) I always thought Elsie was a little TOO perfect to be real, but other than that, I enjoyed the series.

Lately, I haven't had the time to sit down and read for pleasure. A sad thing, I know. But what can I say? :) I've been busy. Other than reading my Bible, I picked up The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christy yesterday, and I have a few chapters left of that. Once September hits, I should be able to read more, though :)

Mrs. E said...

Beautiful, Haley! :)
I have spent... many, many,
many enjoyable hours engaged
in the "Elsie Books" There
is nothing so lovely! *sigh*
Have you read "The Basket of
Flowers?!" Lamplighter is fabulous!!

Love Always~ Miss Jen

Haley said...

Arianna,
Yes, I haven't had too much time for reading lately either. I think once we get settled down again I'll have more time though. :)Thanks for the comment, I always enjoy reading them!

Blessings,
Haley

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Miss Jen,
No, I haven't read "The Basket of Flowers." I think it's one of the only Lamplighter books I haven't read that we have! ;) I am going to read it soon.

Much love,
Haley

Anonymous said...

Wow! You finished the series already?! Amazing! You're a fast reader.

I wrote your letter yesterday and will mail it asap!

~Shelby

Haley said...

Yeah, well, what can I say, they were great! :) Plus, when we went on all those trips I read like all day in the car!

Okay, I'll be looking for your letter!

Your friend,
~Haley