Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Cat...Sam!

Okay, I haven't ever mentioned Sam before, have I? Well, he is another stray cat that "adopted" us. We just fed him one day and he never left! I'm glad he didn't, because he's so sweet, cute and totally laid back!

Last week Mom brought Sammy inside and gave him a flea bath. We weren't planning on it, but he's wanted and tried to come in for a long time and it just turns out that he had run out of patience with us. So he started doing silly things to make us worry about him and bring him in, like laying in the street, pretending he adopted another family, etc... Well, it worked. Like I said, we brought him in and he loves being a house cat; well as long as our dog Toby leaves him alone he does. :)

He is going to the vet tomorrow morning to get his shots, checked for heart worms, etc... So then, after that, he will be what I call "an official house cat!" Here is a picture of him that
my sister took when he was outside.



Isn't he just adorable?! I'll post some more pictures of him as soon as we get some of him inside.

For Him,

10 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Oh... he is ADORABLE!!! :)
Kitties are so fun!!
What a neat "adoption" story!!
Animals are such blessings
from God and often make us laugh
with joy! :) Hope you had a Sweet
Weekend dear friend!

Love~ Jen

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for Sam! And you! LOL =D!

I sent your letter this morning so you should get in a few days.

~Shelby

Haley said...

Miss Jen,
Thanks for the comment! Yes, animals are definitely a blessing the Lord gave us.

Much love,
Haley

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Shelby,
Thanks, I'll be checking the mail 'till it comes!

Love,
Haley

Anonymous said...

Great story about how you got him. Its strange how smart some cats can be to make you think they need to com inside. Sam is very cute though!

Haley said...

Hey Maggie,
Thanks for commenting and following my blog. Yes, he was very persistent and smart about it!

Love,
Haley

Arianna said...

Aw, cute cat! Personally, I detest cats (no offense to cat lovers), but he really is cute ;) And that's cute that he just budged his way right into your home! LOL.

Haley said...

Aw, I didn't know you don't like cats. Yeah, he knew how to get himself inside, that's for sure! :)

Many blessings,
Haley

Elizabeth J. said...

I think cats which is evident by the fact that I have three of them. Your new cat has a sweet face.

Anonymous said...

I sent your letter yesterday, Haley!

~Shelby

Haley said...

Okay, I'll be looking for it!