Monday, July 19, 2010

Cappuccino Muffins

Last night my siblings asked me to make some of these muffins (they shouldn't be called muffins at all, they should be called cupcakes ;). They had the taste for some, and so did I, so I made some this morning and decided to share the recipe. :)




Cappuccino Muffins

2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. baking cocoa
1 c. milk
2 Tbsp. instant coffee granules
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside. Mix together milk, coffee, and egg; stir into flour mixture. Stir in butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir in choc. chips. Spoon batter into paper lined or greased muffin cups, filling 2/3 way full. Bake at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes; until a toothipck tests clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack and finish cooling. Makes one dozen. Enjoy! :)



And yes, those are Christmas muffin liners. Hey, we didn't have any others! ;)


Have a great week!

~Haley

5 comments:

Leah Marie said...

yum! i love coffee. ill have to try these! :]

Melee said...

Those look totally delicious! I think I'll have to make those sometime!
(I've used Christmas cupcake liners in the middle of summer too. Ya gotta use what ya have! =D)

Megan said...

Yum! Now I know what I will be baking tomorrow. :-)

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

Elizabeth. said...

Looks yummy, Haley! Thanks for sharing! And the photography is beautiful!

Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth

Alexandra! said...

I only like coffee, but those muffins look so good!