Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bluebonnet Swamp

When we were gone, one of the things we did was go to Brec's Bluebonnet Swamp. Although I don't remember it too well, Mom and Pop used to take us down there.  When we went there was absolutely nobody else there. I guess we just picked a good time to go. ;) It was fun going back, and I did something pretty neat. I'll tell y'all what it is in a minute. First, pictures. :) You can click on them to blow them up if you want.



 I like this one because you can see the rail's shadow. I thought was pretty cool! :)





 That's one tall tree. All the trees out there were huge!





 The next few pictures were taken at the visitor's center. They had snakes, baby alligators, the tarantula pictured above, turtles, etc...





 He looks mad at me for taking so many pictures of him, doesn't  he?


  Cute turtles :)



 My sister took this one. You know what? The guy who took care of the reptiles there offered to take it out of its cage for us. Mom and Josh went away when he did, but Christine, Lindsay, and I stayed and even touched it! I can now say I've touched a python. :)  That was the neat thing I did. ;)

It was pretty neat. Now, I'm not a snake lover. Like, if I was just walking and found one, I would be scared and get out of there ASAP, but since the guy was holding it it was completely different.


 Look how big and fat it is! And I touched it! :0 I know, the lighting's weird in this picture, but, hey, it was through glass and it was in a darker part of the cage.
                                                                 

 The gift shop was fun, too. That's where I found these pretty rocks. No, I didn't get any, just took pictures. ;)



 And, like any good gift shop, they had cute stuffed animals! ;)



A little turtle swimming across a pond. You can see the reflection of the trees in the (very) murky water.


Woods in Louisiana are very pretty.

The pretty trail.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Enough pictures for you? I know it was enough for me to get loaded on Blogger. It took a while. ;)  Hope you enjoyed the post!

I think I'll post about our trip to the Myrtles Plantation next! And yes, it will contain a lot of pictures, too! :)

~Haley

1 comment:

Eldarwen said...

Beautiful photos, Haley!! I just got your letter and read about you touching the python. That is really neat! I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip!

Love you!
Eldarwen