Monday, October 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie S'mores and a Baseball Game

I made these brownies the other day and everybody loved them!  I got the recipe from Paula Deen's show and knew, after I saw the finished product and her eating it, that I had to make some. They're really good and a lot of fun to make! :)



Peanut Butter Cup Brownie S'mores

1 cup butter, softened, plus more for baking dish
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup marshmallow creme
8 chocolate covered peanut butter cups

What to do-

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13 by 9, 2-inch baking dish. Using an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and mix well.

In separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Spoon it into the baking dish and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut into 16 squares. Heat a grill or pan to medium heat.

Spread the marshmallow creme evenly over eight brownies, and top with chocolate covered peanut butter cups. Top with remaining brownies. Wrap each brownie sandwich in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Grill for 4 minutes, turning once. Unwrap and serve immediately. Enjoy! :)





And, on a random note, did any of y'all see the Phillies vs. Giants game last night? I did, and was really excited because I got to see Oswalt pitch. He even hit a single, starting a big inning for them, and ended up sliding home! I am SO glad he's finally off the Astros. I know the Phillies fans love him. ;)


So, considering I want the Phillies to win the World Series (I want the Phillies and Rangers to be in it), I thought it was a really fun game to watch. :) Who do you want to win the World Series?

~Haley

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Haley!

You had me at the brownie...then the smore's...but then I saw that it was a Puala Deen recipe and I was hooked! ;) Lol! Now I'll have to try it too! ;) HeHe! MM, it looks soo delicious! Love the last photo of the peanut butter cup in the brownie with all the oozing marshmallow cream. :D *licks lips* Thank you for sharing your lovely photos and the recipe! :D

We don't watch sports (except for the Olympics), but I'm glad to hear the Phillies are actually doing better than a few years ago. :) But anyway, they are "unofficially" the team we root for too. ;)

Hope you and your family are doing well after your vacation! :D Nice you see you and Lindsay blogging again (missed you ladies!). :)

Love and Hugs!
~Rachel~

Eldarwen said...

Mmm, Haley, those look so good!! I just might have to make them soon. ;)

I don't watch baseball, haha, so that's all greek to me. :):):) I hope the Phillies and Rangers are in the World Series for your sake, Haley. :)

Love,
Eldarwen

Taylor said...

That brownie stuff looks Deeelish! ;D I definitely want to try making that sometime.

Our family never has been much into baseball. So I'm honestly pretty clueless when it comes to teams. lol ... I guess I want the Rangers to win! :D

Love & hugs,
-- Taylor

Shannon said...

Oh, those delicious brownies look so appetizing! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Blessings,
~Shannon~

Jonathan said...

Hey, I like the Phillies, but I like the Astros more considering I live thirty minutes away from Minute Maid Park. But considering the horrible season that the Astros have had, I'm definitely cheering for the Rangers. Boy I hope they beat the Giants. I'm not a fan of them either.

Haley said...

Yeah, I like the Astros too. One reason I was pulling for the Phillies is because they have Oswalt and Lidge, two former Astros players. ;) I know, the Rangers better beat the Giants. :)