Thursday, November 4, 2010

Movie Quote Game! :)

Since I couldn't think of anything to post and I've been wanting to do one of these for a while, I decided I'd post some quotes for y'all to guess.

Rules:
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies and TV shows.
2. Go to IMDB.com and find a quote from each movie/show.
3. Post them for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
NO cheating, if you don't know any of them then that's just too bad.

 ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

#1. Character 1: How you can sit there eating muffins when we're in this terrible trouble, I can't make out! It seems to me to be perfectly heartless...
Character 2: I can hardly eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs.
 
#2.  Character 1: I know what you must be thinking. "Poor little rich girl, what does she know about misery?"
Character 2: No, no, that's not what I was thinking. What I was thinking was, what could've happened to this girl to make her feel she had no way out?

#3. Character 1: Grandma just called and said you're supposed to go home.
Character 2: She didn't tell me anything.
Character 1: Too bad, she said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Character 2: I'm not goin' anywhere.
Character 1: Get off my property!
Character 2: It's a free country. I can do whatever I want.
Character 1: Get off my property or I'll call the cops on you.
Character 2: Well then do it! Go on!
Character 1: Maybe I will, GOSH!

#4. Character 1: Bee sting. Evidently I'm allergic. It almost killed me. But, the guy at the Emergency Room said that eventually the swelling will go down. I hope.

#5.  Character 1: Someday you'll find a man, a good man, and you'll love him, and marry him, and live and die for him. And I'll be hanged if I stand by and watch.

#6. Character 1: That skirt you're chasing must've moved on ahead. We got to high tail it to the hog, pronto!
Character 2: The hog?
Character 1: The engine. The engine, you tenderfoot. We've got to make it before we hit Flat-Top Tunnel.
Character 2: Why?
Character 1: [sighs] So many questions. There's but one inch of clearance between the roof of this rattler and the top of Flat-Top Tunnel. Savvy?

#7.  Character 1: Why doesn't your compass work?
Character 2: ...My compass works fine.

#8. Character 1: You mean you want *me* to go home?
Character 2: Yes.
Character 1: You mean you don't want me to help you any more?
Character 2: No.
Character 1: After all the fun we've had?
Character 2: Yes.
Character 1: And after all the things I've done for you?
Character 2: That's what I mean.

#9. Character 1: There is only one thing to do with a person as impossible as she.
Character 2 What?
Character 1: I must throw a party for her. Otherwise everyone will feel at once how much I dislike her.

10.  Character 1: What are you doing?
Character 2: Uh... vegetables. I'm cooking the... vegetables?
Charater 1: No! You waste energy and time! You think cooking is a cute job, eh? Like Mommy in the kitchen? Well, Mommy never had to face the dinner rush while the orders come flooding in, and every dish is different and none are simple, and all different cooking time, but must arrive at the customer's table at exactly the same time, hot and perfect! Every second counts and you CANNOT be MOMMY!

11. Character 1: I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand.

12. Character 1: Come, I'm taking you on a walk.
Character 2: No, I've been on a walk.
Character 1: You need another.
Character 2: It's going to rain.
Character1: It is NOT going to rain.
Character 2: You ALWAYS say that, and then it ALWAYS does
 
13. Character 1: That girl is without a doubt, the lowest, most awful creature to ever walk the planet!
Character 2: [watching from outside, impersonating Elvis] Thank you, thank you very much.

14.  Character 1: When that day comes I shall futterwacken... vigorously.

15. Character 1: We be nice to them, if they be nice to us.

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~

Have fun guessing! :D I'll post the answers sometime during the next few days. :)

~Haley

15 comments:

Keykeeper said...

#3-Napoleon Dynamite

#4-The Santa Claus

#5-Sounds SO familiar, but for the life of me, I can't place it!

#9-Emma?(guessing here!:)

#10-Ratatouille

#12-Sense and Sensibility

Hannah Mary said...

3. Napoleon Dynamite, character 1: Napoleon/ character 2. Uncle Ricko (??)

5. Little Women! Character 1: Laurie

9. Emma! Character 1. Emma/ Character 2. I'm not sure!

14. Alice in Wonderland, The Mad Hatter

There's some others that I KNOW I know, but I just can't think of what they are! Great quotes :)

Hannah

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

What fun! Just a few below that I remembered right away. Some of the others sound very familiar but I just can't remember. :)

#1. The Importance of Being Earnest, Jack & Algernon

#5. Little Women, Christian Bale as Theodore Laurence "Laurie"

#7. The Pirates of the Caribbean, Will & Jack Sparrow

#9. Emma, Ramola Garai as Emma Woodhouse & Harriet Smith (?)

#11. This one is so familiar...just can't remember!

#12. Sense & Sensility, Kate Winslet as Marianne & Emilie Francios as Margaret


This was fun!

Miss Laurie

Charity U said...

#6. Polar Express?
#11. Cars. (-:

Taylor said...

Ooo... I love these! :)

#2 - Titanic (I think)
Character 1 - Rose
Character 2 - Jack

#3 - Aliens in the Attic
I know who they are but I don't remember the character's names! Oh, well.

#7 - Pirates of the Carribbean 2
Character 1 - Will??
Character 2 - Jack??

#15 - Alice in Wonderland
Character 1 - Mad Hatter

Those are the only ones that I recognize! :)

Alexandra! said...

#1 The importance of being earnest
#4 Santa Clause
#5 Little Women
#9 Emma
#10 Ratatouille
#12 Sense And Sensability

Sarah said...

4.Might be, The Santa Clause?!
5. is Little Women!
8. is Bringing up Baby, I think!
9.is Emma!
10. I think it might be Ratatouille!
12. is Sense and Sensibility!

Bea said...

I just like guessing and I only know a few, so here goes! ;)

#1. The Importance of Being Earnest

#7. Pirates of the Caribbean (3??)

I've heard #11. I can't think of it.

#12. Sense and Sensibility

Fun fun! =)

Miss Bea

Eldarwen said...

#3: Napolian Dynamite (sp?)
Character 1: Napolian
Character 2: Uncle Rico

#5: Little Woman
Character 1: Teddy

#7: Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Character 1: Elizabeth
Character 2: Jack

#11: Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Character 1: Is it... Jack Sparrow? :)

#12 sounds soooo familiar!

#15.... I have heard this before, I know it! Can't place it right now. I'll have to come back later and run through them all again to see if I can remember then! ;)

Love,
Eldarwen

Sarah said...

4.Maybe "The Santa Clause"!?
5.Is "Little Women"!
8.I think is "Bringing up Baby"!
9."Emma"!
10.Might be "Ratatouille"!
12."Sense and Sensibility"!

Sarah Holman said...

#4 The Santa Clause
#5 Little Women

Moriah Simonowich said...

I love your blog, Hayley! :)

Blessings,
Moriah

www.uniquelyfashionedforhisglory.blogspot.com

Emily said...

#1 Definitely sounds like The Importance of Being Ernest

#2 Is SO familiar. Argh! I can't think of it!

#4 Is one of the best Christmas movies ever! =D The Santa Clause. *love* Charlie!

#5 Little Women

#7 Pirates of the Caribbean

#9 Emma

#11 Cars???

#12 Sense and Sensibility

#13 Parent Trap!

Susannah said...

Ooh--these are good ones!

#1. The Importance of Being Earnest (Jack and Algernon)
#2. AGH. I know this quote! And I love it. But I can't think of what it's from. :P
#5. Little Women. (Laurie). GAH. I die every time he says this.
#9. Emma (the one with Gwyneth Paltrow).
#10. Ratatouille
#12. Sense and Sensibility 1995 (Marianne and Margaret)
#14. Alice in Wonderland (the Mad Hatter)

That was fun! I love all of those movies... and am curious to know what movies the other humorous quotes are from!

Charity U said...

I TOTALLY should have guessed the S&S one. That scene is hilarious! I think I was probably reading to fast (one of my faults;), and that's why I didn't spot it. Oh well.