Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Lord of The Rings

Last week I watched The Lord of The Rings movies for the first time. I didn't expect to like them very much, but was pleasantly surprised! (I like to be pleasantly surprised. Who doesn't? :) They were very good and I enjoyed them a lot. My favorite was either the first or the third one, but probably the third.

One thing that made an impression on me the most was how loyal everyone was to each other and what strong friendships they had. For instance, Sam and Frodo, Merry and Pippin, and Gimli and Legolas. These are only a few of many strong friendships that I noticed. They stood by each other through thick and thin and always seemed to be there for one another. It was the perfect picture of what friendship really is.

The movies were filled with danger, excitement, and hope. Each one left me in suspense until, at last, I had watched them all and couldn't believe how good they were and how much I liked them!

After watching the movies I started the books. I read "The Hobbit" in almost two days and am now well into "The Fellowship of The Ring". I won't be reading it as fast as I did The Hobbit though because it's nearly four hundred pages! Yeah, a pretty thick book. :) I am enjoying the books just as much as I did the movies.

Anyway, The Lord of The Rings is a great series. They are now my favorite movies and, so far, books also. If you have seen the movies and/or read the books what did you think of them? I would love to know!

For Him,

8 comments:

Marissa Kayann said...

I love the lord of the rings! They are my favorite movies too!
When I first saw them, I was in suspense to, my younger sisters can't watch them so me and my brother, (and of course Mom and Dad) would stay up late to watch them so we watched one disc a night, and it was the extended versions. It was really fun, but I always went to bed wondering what would happen next. (:
I loved the friendships in it as well.
I am reading the books now too. I'm half way done with the hobbit. I love it!

~Marissa

Caleb said...

I loved the trilogy. It was a great one. While it's not my personal favorite I still love it. We have it on DVD and watch it every now and then. Great movie!

Elizabeth J. said...

I too like LOTR and it's most likely my favorite trilogy.

halestone said...

mua ha ha! you are now starting to be...obsessed!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THEM!!
They're THE BEST EVER.
As you can tell =D
GLAD YOU LIKED THEM!!!!

Hannah Marie said...

Yay! I'm glad you saw them! I love them SO much! glad you liked them. when i first saw it I became obsessed with it in the first few seconds :)

Mrs. E said...

Yes.... I really should re-watch them again it's been a little while! :)
I appreciate your thoughts!!!

Love & Hugs,
Jen

Moriah said...

Yeah! I'm glad you watched them, Haley!!!!!! :):):):) I'm happy, too. There my FAVORITE movie's!