Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Knitting Class!

I have wanted to learn how to knit for a long time now (I even attempted to teach myself a couple of times but didn't get very far :) so last Saturday I went to my first official knitting class! Yay! I had a lot of fun!

It was a two and a half hour class so I was able to learn a lot. I learned how to cast on, how to do the knit stitch, and how to do the purl stitch. Everything looks so hard, but really it's quite simple when broken down into steps.

Knitting is such a useful thing to know how to do. You can : make presents instead of buying them, teach classes, start your own business, etc... When I am older and am an experienced knitter I hope to teach classes. Also my sister (who sews) and I have talked about how we could start an online business together. I knit things to sell and she sews things to sell. That would be fun. :)

I am so glad to have finally found a knitting teacher and am also glad that I like doing it! :)

Have a blessed week everyone,

10 comments:

Hannah Marie said...

Cool! I've tried knitting before but it didn't turn out so well :)

Marissa Kayann said...

I love knitting!!! I got a book at the library a few years ago and taught myself. It's so much fun!! I've haven't made to many things yet........
but I would like to learn the purl stitch because right now I can only do the knit stitch. (;
Have fun knitting!!

~Marissa

Allison said...

How neat! What a great skill to have. It would be really cool if you and Lindsay started an online business!!

Rachel said...

HI Haley! That is just wonderful! It is so fun learning a new skill! =:D I love to teach my knitting/crocheting classes and I hope that your dreams will come true for you and your sister some day! Keep up the good work! =:) If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me! I love to help people!

Blessings, Hugs, and Happy Knitting! =:D
~Rachel~

Mrs. E said...

How wonderful!!! :)
I LOVE to knit too,
happy Knitting to you!!

Love & Hugs~ Jen

Haley said...

Thanks everyone for commenting!

Rachel,
Thank you for your lovely comment! I will be sure to ask you if I'm having any trouble!
-Haley

Miss Jen,
Thanks for your comment, I always look forward to them! I didn't know that you liked to knit! How neat!

Hugs,
Haley

Sarah Holman said...

I hope that you have a lot of fun!
Sarah

Moriah said...

Yeah!

Keykeeper said...

I'd love to learn how to knit, but we don't know anyone who knows how. I love to crochet though.:)

Elizabeth J. said...

Hey there! I'm new to your blog but decided to comment. I have tried knitting while using those knitting kits you can buy at the store but sadly I've never learned to knit but would love to.

P.S. If you would like, you can visit my blog.