Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pirates of The Caribbean...Savvy?

My family and I have recently watched both The Curse of the Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest for the first time. The only one left is At World's End. Right now Mom and my sisters are at the store getting it so we can watch it tonight! I can't wait to see it! :)

I don't know why it's taken us so long to watch them. I guess we just thought they were weird and never gave them a chance. We did the same thing with The Lord of the Rings trilogy. We were definitely mistaken about both. Greatly mistaken. I hate it when such good movies were in the movie theater and you never went to see them, then watch them a few years later and wished you had gone to see them. It would have been so cool to see both trilogies in the movie theater!

I didn't expect them to be so funny. I mean, really, some parts are hillarious! Jack is pretty smart in a really crazy and funny way. He's definitely my favorite character. ;)



It's kind of weird seeing Orlando Bloom play someone besides Legolas and Keira Knightley playing someone besides Elizabeth Bennet. Oh, and I thought it was really funny seeing Tom Hollander and Keira Knightley acting together in Dead Man's Chest. It reminded me of when they played Mr. Collins and Elizabeth Bennet in the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. :)


Okay, well, I better be going now! I hope y'all are having a great weekend!

~Haley

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have to say that Jack is my favorite! He is hilarious!

Ivania said...

I only like the first one, and my favorite character is Will.

Kiera Knightly gets on my nerves. I dunno. It's her style of acting.

But I love Jack too!

Melee said...

I hear they're making another one!
I've only seen the first one and some of the second, but my sister loves all three. Jack is definitely my favourite part. :)

Leah Marie said...

I love the pirates movies! I hear they're coming out with a new one soon! It seems like our family is kinda slow at watching movies. Like A Walk to Remember. That has got to be one of my favorites and I just watched it for the first time on Saturday! =]