Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Of My Favorite Poems

This is one of my favorite poems. It reminds us of our roles as daughters and has been an encouragement to me.

Corner Pillars
By Miss Kathryn I.

Daughters and pillars, how are they similar you say?

In their purposes and functions, I'll tell you, if I may.

They have three main functions, I wish for you to know

And it is my prayer, that in them, you will grow.

The first is supporting, and this is what you are to do,

Support your parents, they're the roof, God has given you.

The second is adorning, and it's your home to beautify,

May you have a joyful spirit, that doesn't moan or sigh.

Memorials to the Lord, is function number three,

When others look at you, may Christ be who they see.

Oh, to be a corner pillar, for the palace of our King,

May you glorify the Lord, and His praises ever sing!

In order to be strong, stand on the Corner Stone,

That Stone is Jesus Christ, trust in Him alone.


I hope you liked it.


2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Haley,

That was a BEAUTIFUL poem!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing dear sister in the Lord. ;)

Many Blessings,
Miss Jen

Jenna said...

That is a great poem Haley, and very encouraging too! Thank you for sharing:)

In Him,
Jenna